Thursday, January 24, 2008

Why So Many Blogs Today?


The reason in two words: Jury Duty. I am sitting in the Jury Holding Room on the third floor of the California Superior Courthouse in downtown Santa Ana. So far there have been three sets of jurors called to go to court rooms and I would say that there are less than 50 of us left. There were probably 300 people here when the day started.

Last time I was here I was called in to a court room at about this time of day. We were then dismissed for lunch. After lunch they went through about 40 people to seat 11 jurors. At 4:30 that afternoon the 12th juror was picked and the 5 of us that were still prospective jurors were allowed to go home.

Who knows what will happen today.

Billy

3 comments:

Becky said...

I know that place very well. I have been called annually since I was 18. In fact, I spent last Valentine's day there. The funny thing was my mom was also serving on a trial we got to have lunch together. I have served a few times. I hope if you do get called, that the case is short and painless.

Anonymous said...

that is sooo random, because scott is currently sitting on jury duty as well. he has been "on call" for almost 4 weeks now, it was only supposed to be 2 weeks then they added the 3rd, now it is 4. He hasn't actually sat on a case until today, but he has WASTED tons of time!

by the way, love the blog, i feel like I can keep up with what is going on(-: I finally got a myspace, but don't do that much yet...and scott and i have an msn live page because we joinged the biggest loser million pound challenge(-:
anyway, have fun!!

John B said...

I think that I was suppose to have Jury Duty this week too; the first time I had ever been called in Orange County, but I moved and obviously couldn't serve - I don't think us 951'rs would be considered a 'jury of your peers.'