Thursday, January 10, 2008

The End of the Trail


For those of you who know Travis this picture may surprise you. It is a rare day when anyone outside the family sees him in this state. He had been going at full speed all day. He had preschool in the morning, helped Laurel with some errands and then came back to church to pick me up after vocal rehearsal. It made for a long day for the little guy.

In the fifteen minutes it took to get home he was out. It is almost as if he had a little switch that someone turned off. I brought him in from the car expecting him to wake up but he didn't. He sat like this for about a half hour and then I took him to bed.

I love to watch my kids sleep. Not because they are quiet and staying out of trouble, but because they look so peaceful. They sleep with no worries in total contentment. I can only hope that when I fall asleep I will look that peaceful.

Billy

No comments: