Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Didn't Do That When I Was in School




These are a couple of pictures of Tamila, my only daughter. She is 12 and in the 6th grade. The other picture is of her project for Social Studies. Yes, it is a sarcophagus. If you do not know what that is follow the link, (I want my blog to be educational.)

She has been studying other cultures and this was a project that helped her learn about ancient Egypt. Did you notice the cute "mummy shaped" wrapping in the box? That is what the project was really about. They studied the process of mummification and then were asked to "mummify" something. What is inside the "mummy wrap" you ask? An uncooked chicken leg, that was packed in salt and placed in baggies to preserve them. The class did this back in November. Currently, it is sitting on our coffee table as of the date of this writing.

Isn't that gross? I didn't do that when I was in school.

Billy

No comments: