Monday, January 7, 2008

Austin, a friend and Huckabee

A few months ago, Hope International University had a dinner at the Disneyland resort and the guest speaker was presidential candidate Mike Huckabee. I wasn't able to go, or maybe I did not want to go, but I thought it might be a good idea for Austin to go and hear him.

Austin has been interested in politics for quite some time, so I thought he would enjoy the evening. He regularly updates me with what is going on in the world. He knows more names of world leaders and their roles than I will ever know. He also knows more about the "war on terror" and what is going on in Iraq than I do as well. He is his mother's son when it comes to world news, politics and tidbits of information.

Long story short, Austin went with our good friend Kristi. She made sure that he behaved himself among a lot of adults. I told him to make sure and act like a gentleman. You know, getting the door for her and that kind of thing. He pulled it off with flying colors.

Austin thought Mike Huckabee did a good job, although he was skeptical at the time about his "staying power." I kid him and say that when he runs for president he can give the press this picture if Huckabee wins.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Who is the blonde? Thanks for the shout out and for calling me your good friend!!! Also, please let my friend Austin know that I like the Huckster, but unfortunately, he does not have my vote. We can talk politics later (since I know that hurts your head.) :o)

Anonymous said...

Tell Austin that the Baker Masterson ticket is a winner! We can run in '12!