Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Another Day in Paradise


I am freelancing the rest of the week for my friend Trace. He owns Goodman Audio Services. I am working a corporate show with him in Anaheim/Garden Grove. We are at a Hyatt near Disneyland. The cool thing about this gig is that it is in Spanish, so I get to mix.

I am using the Yamaha M7CL which is an incredible sound board. I have only used it one other time, but I have the basics of it down. You may be saying "All aren't soundboards basically the same thing." Well, they are, but this one has a touch screen interface. On analog boards everything you need to do is right in front of you on the control surface. On a digital board like the M7 you have to know how you set up the board and then know which page or layer the controls that you need are. It does take longer to set up, but I am always amazed at how powerful the software that is controlling the sound board is. We used to have a rack full of "outboard gear" that had to be tied into the console. Now we have everything we used to use plus a whole lot more. It definitely will be keeping me on my toes.

While I was "at work" the kids had a lazy day recovering from their time in the mountains. Laurel attempted to take a nap while the kids played their wii and ran amok.

I will post some pictures of the event in my next post.

Billy

No comments: