Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year, of Sorts






So the rest of New Year's eve I sat around with a sprained ankle. I twisted it while taking some of the pictures near the lake. While I was moving to take another picture, I stepped on a rock concealed beneath the snow. Next thing you know I am limping up the stairs. That started off the rest of the day.

Travis, my youngest son, has been coughing so, Laurel and Heidi ran into town and picked up some medicine that Dr. Gus called into the local CVS. We put the kids to bed early on New Year's Eve and then Travis proceeded to sleep for about 20 minutes before he began to sleep in a "hypersensitive" state all night. So much for watching the ball drop in Times Square.

I would move his blanket and he would begin to scream for 15 minutes because he was not cold, mind you the heater is not working because of a gas leak. I then gave him the "wrong" pillow. When I found the "right" pillow I had to flip it to the "correct" side. Continue this through the night until he finally wakes up his usual happy, chipper self. Needless to say New Year's Eve was not all that festive.

The pictures you see are what happens after being in the mountains for a couple of days without natural gas. (Tamila, my princess, took the pictures of the kids outside.) You do not realize how many different things you use throughout the day that require natural gas. It is missed when you do not have it. I did vow to take a cold shower this morning because it is my version of "a morning cup of coffee". To my surprise there was still enough hot water for a three minute shower. I then washed the morning dishes by warming up water in the microwave.

Through all of this we are having a good time, the kids are having fun and it is nice to relax with friends and family.

Happy New Year,

Billy and the Bakers

1 comment:

Kristi said...

wow - another blog...very impressive. Sorry about the sprained ankle. wamp wamp.