Friday, January 25, 2008

Midnight Sentinel


Wow! The rain last night was insane. I was sleeping in Tamila's room (long story involving Travis...what else is new?) when I woke up at 4 am to the whole house thundering with rain. I could literally feel the walls of the house vibrate with the force of the water coming down. Since there had been a tornado warning earlier that night I ran to the back of the house to look through our sliding glass doors and check it out. Peering out the window all I could see was a huge white sheet of water coming down...even the streetlights weren't visible. By the time I woke up Tamila (she was on the couch) to look at it the microburst was over. I was the only one in my house to witness the incredible strength of the storm and while everyone else slept blissfully unaware. That left me with two thoughts...Number one: It was a cool experience that I'm glad I got to see. As for the second: Once again, I am reminded that my family would be useless for any midnight emergency...they'd all sleep through it. Guess somebody's got to save the world while it sleeps...that'd be me!


Laurel

1 comment:

Becky said...

What a pretty picture... it almost makes up for that snot posting. :)