Monday, January 28, 2008

My Daughter




With all the rain we've been having Tamila has been in absolute heaven. Her favorite thing to do (and has always been) is to run outside and dance in the rain. You'd think that being in Jr. High she would regard that as too childish...nah. Both she and her friend Annie were doing a folk dance of some sort out in the backyard yesterday while the wind was slashing the house with rain. It was entertaining I have to admit. Kind of strange. But totally not expected when it comes to those two! Ahhhh....I remember those days. Back when I'd play in 15 degree weather in shorts with no shoes. Maybe she's smarter than me...looking back now the rain option is a little bit safer. For her benefit...I hope she never forgets to dance in the rain once in a while.
Laurel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed the folkdance in the rain. Next time a storm rolls in let me know so I can see the dance!Love ya,
Stacey

Anonymous said...

I loved it when it would rain in the summer. Justin would grab his little chair and umbrella, request a mug of hot chocolate and sit on the sidewalk to watch the rain. I think he was about 11 the last time he did that.

VikingMom said...

Tamila corrected me yesterday...it wasn't a folk dance is was an Austrian Waltz from the sound of music. I stand corrected.

Laurel