Saturday, April 12, 2008

What a Day So Far. . .

For many of you managing your kids alone is not a big deal. Laurel has to manage Saturday schedules more often than I do. I usually am around mornings before heading off to church. Today I woke her up at 5:20am so she could get ready and leave for a Children's conference in San Diego. I drove her over to Kelly's house at 6:15am and ran by the church for about an hour to tie up some loose ends before church tonight. I then ran home and picked up Austin at 7:45am and took him to the baseball fields at Marina High School for a game that started at 9am.

I ran home, showered, got dressed, layed out some clothes for Aaron's game, left Tamila in charge of the Aaron and Travis and headed over to Austin's 9am game. They lost. No team confidence today. We left for home and arrived at 11am. Aaron started to get dressed for his game. Tamila got out of the shower and dressed. I half dressed Travis and them gave them sandwiches that Laurel prepared last night. (Thanks!) I emptied the dishwasher, and started another load of dishes. Austin cooled off, ate lunch and I asked him to get some of my clothes together so I could start a load of laundry so I can pack tonight after church for a trip to Las Vegas. (I leave tomorrow.) I finished dressing Travis.

I then sat down and wrote these words. Now, we are getting ready for Aaron's game at 1pm and Austin's game at 1:30 pm. I hope the baseball is better. After the games we head off to church for Saturday evening services where we meet mom and then alas, we head home for the night.

All this to say, thanks Laurel for all of the Saturdays she has managed the logistics alone.


Billy

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I don't know how you guys do it...

Sarah B. said...

So it sounds like I should really rethink this having a third child. I feel busy with my two child schedule, how do you do it? And you guys have your kids super involved in stuff...great job, you are awesome parents!
P.S. We had a bad morning of baseball also...but Ethan caught a pop fly, pretty exciting stuff!

Kristi said...

So as a wife and a mom, it is really nice to hear my husband say that he appreciates me. I'm sure Laurel feels the same way. You are both great parents. God definitely knew what he was doing when he designed couples...when he knew that man should not be alone. We need each other. I don't know how single parents do it. I count myself blessed.