Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Monster


Last night I crashed big time. Maybe it was the kid friendly pancake dinner, hormones or who knows what, but I was cranky. My eye was hurting and I was tired. I wanted to go to sleep and I wanted to go to sleep as soon as possible. I rushed the kids off to bed at 8:30. The older kids were in bed by 9. When someone came out to annoy me with an idiotic question or excuse I tersely shooed them back to their rooms.

In short...I was grumpy.

This morning as I was driving Aaron to school I mentioned that I was feeling much better from sleeping last night. Aaron smirked and said, "Yeah, Mom you were a monster last night."

I told him he was being silly...I wasn't that mean!
Nope, he reiterated again this time with a serious look: "Mom...you were monster."

Ouch.

Mind you this is coming from a kid who makes blood curdling screams and acts as if he's on death door when any of his siblings look at him wrong. That little grain of salt doesn't make the statement any better.

So here's looking for a better day and evening: no more pancakes for dinner no matter how hard the kids beg. Pancakes are bad for their emotional health!

--Laurel

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I hope you have a better day today. I know it's so hard to be home and be a single mom...and you have it 2x as hard as me....

Billy misses you a ton. He seriously talks about you all the time. I think it is so sweet.

I wish you were here too. Hang in there!

Heidi said...

Awwwwww! That's so cute! The billy talking about laurel thing. Not the laurel being a monster thing. Although, laurel's monstrous behavior is cute too.

Hang in there Laurel.... : (

VikingMom said...

Yes, he may be talking about me...but what is he saying? Hmmm....that could be scary.

discomommy said...

NO WAY! I can't even imagine you raising your voice. There is NO WAY you could ever be a monster!!!

Billy said...

this time with a picture I hope.