Thursday, April 3, 2008

Old is New



My kids are really into retro tv these days. It all started with WKRP a couple of months ago and has now morphed into a full Brady Bunch obsession. Austin's quoting lines and scenes from Home Improvement. Travis is excited because Mr. Roger's is coming back tomorrow on the tv to see him. Tamila and Aaron are catching up on the Brady Bunch. (The oldest episodes are their favorite.)

It's cool that they're enjoying the shows of my yesteryear but they make me feel old at the same time. (I find myself saying, "When I was your age..." quite often.) At least Tamila's past her Full House obsession: I could only take so much of that.






3 comments:

Kristi said...

you know you are old when the shows we grew up watching are now on Nick at Nite.

Heidi said...

Yay for retro TV! How about Silver Spoons, Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, Punky Brewster, Small Wonder, Family Ties, ALF, My Two Dads, Mr. Belvedere, Perfect Strangers, and of course, my favorite: Charles in Charge! Those were awesome.

Sarah B. said...

Heidi, wow, Silver Spoons. That was a good one! Why don't they have reruns of that...I would watch that one again. Ricky Schroeder at his best. And Laurel, my kids LOVE Full House. What is up with that....I am sooo sick of hearing about "How cute that little Michelle is."