Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Greatest Cure


Today was much better than yesterday. The only real stressful time was at the Post Office (then again when is it not stressful? ) Plus, I have issues with mail men....just ask Billy. Don't get me wrong, I love my current guy, its just the random ones I have run into elsewhere.

I could feel my crankiness ramping up again this afternoon at the grocery store where I screwed up with my coupons. Ralph's messed up on their end as well by about $6. When I went in to have them correct the problem they overcorrected it and I came ahead in the end. As we drove home, poor Tamila the sacrifical lamb who had gone shopping with me, was munching on a Crunch bar (free!) when I spied the remainder of it in her hand. Seeing it I realized she was holding my cure. Chocolate.

Let me tell you, that little square piece of chocolate was just as miraculous as a whole bar. I feel much better now. As for the rest of the day, I got to enjoy watching both Aaron and Austin play baseball at the same time. To see Aaron on his field doing his little happy dances while the big guys slug it out on their diamond brings about an awesome feeling of parental pride. Meanwhile, Tamila and Travis ran from field to field with their pack of friends and got along well.

So there,
Chocolate + cranky family= world peace!

--Laurel

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Yay for chocolate and kids getting along!

discomommy said...

I am alergic to chocolate so I use vodka.

discomommy said...

KIDDING! About the vodka of course! I really am alergic to chocolate!

Billy and Laurel said...

Yay! I wish I could have been with you watching the boys on the field. I love you. See you Wednesday evening.

VikingMom said...

Oh Gina...I'm sorry to hear about your devastating chocolate allergy. How do you cope? Carob? Eww. Maybe I'd settle for carmel. Hmm...

And yes, I do yell. It's not a pretty sight. In our house when Mom loses it, it's called "throwing down your soda". The phrase dates back to my first run in with a renegade postman.

More to blog on that later.