Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ur What?

An actual conversation held earlier this evening in the Baker house.

Aaron: "Look at my homework Dad, I finished it."

Aaron proudly displays his solar system drawing to Billy and names off the planets one by one.

Billy: "Great! But you're missing one."

Aaron looks perplexed.

Billy: "Have you ever heard of Uranus?" (Ur-Anus)

Aaron gives Billy a quizical look.

Aaron: "No, I must have missed that one."

Billy: "Hmmm...."

Aaron: "Where is Uranus?"

Billy: "You don't know where Uranus is?"

Cue another weird look from Aaron as Dad, Mom and Austin start laughing.

Aaron: "Where does Uranus go?"

Billy: "Uranus is somewhere between Neptune and Pluto."

Aaron thinks again.

Aaron: "What color is Uranus?"

Billy: "I don't know, I've never seen Uranus!"

Dad, Mom and Austin are now laughing doubled over. Aaron laughs nervously along with us unsure of why we're cracked up.

Please note: we took mercy upon Aaron's little soul and let him in on the joke. His take?

Aaron: "You mean Uranus is your butt?"

Billy: "Yep."

Aaron falls on the floor prostrate laughing uncontrollably almost to the point of tears. Now hopefully he won't get kicked out of school tomorrow when he tells all of his friends.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

That's awesome.

Diane Davis said...

i loved that joke as a kid.

did he have pluto on there or is it really not taught as a planet anymore?

Stacey said...

I'm so glad that Billy came home just in time to talk to his son about the important things in life. Better to be without a clue at home than without a clue at school. Whata Dad!!!

Billy and Laurel said...

Pluto was on there. Amazingly enough.

Kristi said...

i love aaron. he takes on the innocence of his father.

Unknown said...

i love sophisticated humor.
deep down inside we re all jr. high boys.

johnsonandjohnson said...

That made me seriously laugh....good one.

Frances Williams said...

okay, so I almost pee'd my pants because I was laughing so hard. I could just see it all happening, too funny!!