Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lofthouse Score!


Lofthouse brand cookies are my most favorite store bought cookie hands down. Their sweet vanilla cakey goodness is smothered in butter cream frosting. They're like sugar cookies on steroids. Seriously...you can't beat 'em. But then again, they are pricey (I'm cheap!) and seriously heavy in the calorie and carb content. Therefore, my consumption of them is limited to an occasional weekend at church.


Not so today. My Ralph's grocery store had their Valentine's Lofthouse cookies on clearance for 25 cents a box! Yipes! What's a Lofthouse addicted soul to do? Buy 4 boxes of course! I didn't care that they were Valentine's themed. Judging from the crumbs left in the box the kids didn't either. And yes, Mom, I was good...we opened a box and placed the rest in the freezer. Geez. Who knows how long they'll last in there but at least our intentions were honorable.


So, I just had to share...25 cent Lofthouses are a rare deal to come by. Now if could only get a great deal on a personal chef, trainer and nutritionist to work off my cookie bargain. Know anyone who'll work for a quarter?
-Laurel

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sugar cookies on steroids. That was brilliant. I will have to remember that.

I'm jealous of your unbelievable bargain. These cookies are truly from Heaven. Yes... little bits of cakey, flakey heaven wrapped in butter cream and covered with delightful little sprinkles. And to find them for .25 a box? God has spoken and His will is clear: partake of the Lofthouse with no regrets.