Saturday, February 9, 2008

Child Labor

I have to admit I'm an informercial/ shopping channel junkie. Now, mind you, I don't watch to buy...I watch to laugh. (I have a strange sense of humor, I know.) Well, a few years ago I remember seeing an informercial on tv for a ridiculous device called the "Quick Fold". I scoffed as I watched the lady describe it as a "revolutionary" device that would fold your laundry in half the time perfectly. I was further entertained at the thoughts of trailer-maids with curlers in their hair digging through mountainous piles of laundry for the phone to place their order for an overpriced piece of plastic. Until this last week.

Let me introduce the newest member of our family:



The "Quick Fold".

Now I know I scoffed at the commercial and all, but when I saw it at the 99 Cents Only store last week I could help myself. My curiosity got the better of me so I purchased it. The kids pounced on it as soon as I walked in the house and get this....started...folding...laundry. Voluntarily. Who would'a thunk? Not me in a million years! Of course the device has lost it's luster with the older one's but Travis begs me to fold laundry. He seriously helped me zip through 3 loads of laundry the other day. I would slap the shirt on the plastic- he would snap the sides and middle piece...wella! Folded laundry!

So, I'm making a formal apology to the "Quick Fold" people. Your device was revolutionary, however I think you marketed it to the wrong audience. Apparently 3 year-olds should've been your target. The original pricepoint was a little high, but the 99 cent price is a steal not to be passed up!

-Laurel

2 comments:

Don said...

Now that's intriguing! Would love to see a picture of Travis working it!

We gotta get one! There will be a run on the things at 99 cent store.

Oh my gosh! I just discovered there's no "cent" symbol on the computer. After all these years I've never needed one until just now!

Epiphany!

Roni said...

Okay, Laurel, I give up! How the heck does this thing work? Does it REALLY work?? Can you tell I'm skeptical? Skeptical, but interested, as one who lives in the laundry room. :) haha (Ya just never know who's reading your blog, huh?)