Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Drove Through the Gates at Paramount



Twice! I get to go there again tomorrow as well. I am operating a sound board in the Paramount Theater at Paramount Studios for the World Marketing Summit for upcoming Paramount movies. It sounds dramatic, but I literally have turned a podium mic on and off for 4 different speakers the last two days. All told about 35 minutes of talking.
I can't tell you that I saw the next, although at times roughly animated, movie from Marvel Comics. It is still in post production. Follow the link and you can see what it is. It was really good, in the vein of Transformers. The movie director and a couple of executives spoke for approximately 5 minutes and then we watched the movie. I arrived on scene at 7:30 am, powered up the system and then waited until 11:15 am to turn the mic on for the 5 minutes of introduction. I then turned the mic off and watched the movie for approximately two hours. Needless to say my morning was easy. All of the movie material is shown using the theater's sound system. So for two hours I am not responsible for what is being heard. That means I can enjoy the movie.

At 1:15pm I turned on three wireless handhelds placed them on directors chairs by the stage and waited for a rehearsal for tomorrow's presentation. I left at 4:45 after the podium mic was used for about 25 minutes. The wireless mics were never used. They will be used tomorrow. I even have a CD cue interspersed among the presentations. I can't wait. Are you picking up on the sarcasm? Again, I cannot reveal the movie, but it is a Lucas Film production. The link will take you there. The director and lead actor will both be present at tomorrow's event. That should be fun.

Billy

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Looking forward to all the details. You're stories are always very popular at my office - so bring it on!