Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Surrender...


Austin has won the battle. Last night Billy and I started to fall asleep on the couch at 9:30 while Austin was still typing away at the computer working on a presentation for English. Knowing we were beat, Billy and I didn't even put up a fight and went to bed at 9:40. 9:40! We've given up on trying to outlast him--there's no way we'll ever win.

When did we become the snoring old parents on the couch? By the time they're all gone they'll already have us trained to eat our dinner at 5 and sleeping by 8. Not only have the kids taken my waistline they've taken my nightlife as well.

Kids these days...

--Laurel

7 comments:

leililan said...

thank you for giving me something to forward to...

Heidi said...

At least he's not pooping in the bathtub anymore.

Heidi said...

wait - that came out wrong. Not that HE ever did - I just meant to say at least he's not - never mind. You know what I mean...

Blair Farley said...

don't forget your peaches and Murder She Wrote before bed.

Kristi said...

oh man, i TOTALLY love murder she wrote. i watch it whenever curtis is out of town. which means...3 days for me this week! :o) i also like to tivo lifetime movies. so now who is old?

VikingMom said...

Yes...peaches. I almost wrote something about that. As for pooping in the tub: he did that when he was Jack's age as well. I still win on the old thing...I'll turn 40 before all of you!

Heidi said...

The peaches need to be canned.

In heavy syrup.

Dude. I don't wanna get old.