Thursday, November 20, 2008

Austin 1, Mom 0


Austin loves politics and current events.

He knows anything and everything.

He'll talk your ear off for hours about Russian/American relations...or any other political relation you can think of.

I should've known better to think that I knew something he didn't. Apparently Michael Mukasey the Attorney General collapsed tonight while giving a speech. When I picked Austin up from practice I told him that someone named Mukasy had collapsed. (For a moment I was hopeful that he wouldn't remember who he was...it's good to one up your kids once in a while!) Without a pause he said..."Oh yeah, he's the Attorney General. If I remember right he has a seizure disorder and has collapsed a few times before. I think his first name is Robert."

Hah! He was wrong! The guy's name is Michael! Austin's excuse was that he gets Robert Gates mixed up with Mukasey all the time. Now who the heck is Robert Gates?

(I just looked it up and found that he's the Secretary of Defense.)

Oh well. I guess I tried. Austin 1, Mom 0.

--Laurel

8 comments:

John B said...

I can understand that -- they sorta look alike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Robert_Gates,_official_DoD_photo_portrait,_2006.jpg

Don said...

This is scary. Scary-wonderful, but scary, nevertheless!

Becky said...

Does Marina have Model United Nations? He NEEDS to be in that.

World of Wright said...

What is with kids these days? Stephen is all unto politics too.
I thought I raised him better than that!

VikingMom said...

Yeah, they have MUN, however he doesn't think he has time to do it. I think he'd enjoy it too, but baseball and academics are running his life these days.

Either way, Don is right...the kids scares me!

Lyn said...

Austin cracks me up! I think he needs to work for ABC News, because they had no idea this morning that Mukasey has a seizure problem. They could use Austin!

Heidi said...

You Bakers are a smart bunch.

leililan said...

funny... he got tio bil and learsi wrapped into one... sad times for that kid!

hey, he can follow my steps and get a degree in poli sci!