Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Driving Irony

Irony as viewed from the driver's seat:
  • Posting a bumper sticker on your car that reads: "Friends don't let friends eat farmed fish" while your hand dangles a cigarette out the window. That fish is dangerous...watch out!
  • Dramatically flipping off a driver with not only a fish on the back of your car, but a Christian bumper sticker to boot.
  • Narrowly avoiding an accident by suddenly slamming on your brakes because your legally texting while driving. Legal. Can you believe it?

Grrr......

I've viewed all these things and more in the last week. Seriously people. Actions speak louder than words, laws and bumper stickers.

I'm off my soap box now.

-Laurel


3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Laurel... I love your soap boxes. They're always brilliant. They never disappoint. And they're always stinkin' hilarious.

discomommy said...

I knew someone who had a Wage Peace sticker on his car. Then he joined the Army and stuck a recruitment sticker on the other side. Seemed a bit strange to me.

Frances Williams said...

So I totally agree with you...bumper stickers are pretty much retarded! Seriously though Laurel, you need to be published, I love to read your stuff!
Anywho, we have been so busy, so I never got back with you! But our browser was blocking the video. Austing did great, still can't believe he is going to high school! Aagghh!