Monday, May 19, 2008

So Cal Baseball

Austin and his team finished a tournament in San Clemente yesterday. The temperature was in the low 90's and he caught 16 of the 20 innings they played over the weekend. I am always amazed at how he doesn't wilt in those kind of temperatures.

Long story, short, his last at bat was a last inning, two out, down by one run, bases loaded at bat. I couldn't deal with that kind of pressure. He smoked the first pitch down the third base line just foul. That told me he was looking to win this with his bat and not tie it with a walk.

After staying in for a few more pitches he swung at a pitch and hit a little blooper over the short stop and everyone thinks "He did it!". The short stop sprinted back and made an incredible diving catch to end the game. I was glad he had the ability to keep competing in that kind of situation. I would much rather he and his team lose like that rather than giving up and letting the other team win.

Next Week: Temecula

Billy

2 comments:

Becky said...

Alright Austin!!

discomommy said...

AWESOME!

PS...I love reading play by play baseball!