Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Grrrr....

For the lack of water I can't:
  • Flush the toilet
  • Wash the dishes
  • Make a decent lunch
  • Wash clothes
  • Keep my preschooler's germy hands clean.
  • Wash my hands.
  • Do a myriad of other chores that require water

Due to the lack of water I've had to:

  • Use rubbing alcohol to clean my hands...with a paper cut! OUCH
  • Feel grimy due to lack of shower
  • Go and buy water from the store so I can wash my dishes.
  • Ration how many times my kids flush the toilet...a type of retro I choose not to remember fondly. (If it's yellow...let it mellow. If it's brown flush it down.)
  • At 9:30 am, dress Travis and myself, wander all the way around the block to check our water valve. Only to read a notice that said: "Water will be shut off from 9 am to 5 pm on Tuesday due to authorized plumbing repairs." Um, thanks for not letting me know. Apparently, since my door is out of sight...it's out of mind too.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

-Laurel

No comments: