Sunday, March 7, 2010

Family Tradition




I admit it. I have warped my children...they love watching the Oscar's Red Carpet on E. I am not ashamed.

Our family tradition started years ago when Austin and Tamila were mere babes. Billy would be off doing his Oscar gig and I was lonely--so what was I supposed to do? I popped popcorn, poured soda and watch the red carpet with my kids. We would watch the parade of stars and occasionally I would excitedly point out that Daddy was there somewhere amongst all the hub-bub. Fast forward several years and we still watch the red carpet together. Repeating this year after year has created an emotional connection with the Oscar's and excitement about being their Dad's kid. Too me that's awesome. Hopefully someday they'll watch the red carpet with their kids too.

So, to some, Hollywood maybe shallow--but to us, it's a connection with our family. Happy Oscar's everyone!

laurel

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I so agree with you . . . only we Roderick's evaluate the clothes that are on that carpet . . . xoxo

Heidi said...

I ♥ the Oscars...