Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Breaking up is hard to do...


I don't know how to say this. We've had a relationship for my whole life. My heart would pound in anticipation of your ring. When I heard your bell I would come dashing, eager to hear the voice on the other end. Over the years sweet sounds of family and friends awaited me when I lifted that receiver to your landline. It was all good for a really, really long time.

Until...well, until cellphones came along. First it started with one cell phone. Now--we have 5 of them in the family and, well--you never ring anymore. The only time you ring is when an annoying telemarketer uses you for their evil purposes. Why do you let yourself get used like that? It breaks my heart! To top if off when you do ring--you mess up my internet cable modem for days. Home Phone--it's almost as if you knew what was coming and decided to make us pay.

I'm sorry, but you must go.

No, no, no...please don't cry! Really--it's not you. It's just us...we've moved on. So, you have one week left in our household. I know it will be awkward for all of us, but I'm sure we can deal with this like adults.

With my sincere regards,

Laurel

3 comments:

Zach said...

Kristi and I have been married for almost 4 years and haven't had a home phone the whole time. People have asked me if I'm crazy, or a recluse, and I say neither because the only people that called my parent's home phone were those evil telemarketers. So I say huzzah to you!

Heidi said...

Good riddance to bad rubbish! We don't have a home phone either. I'd rather save the $40 a month than spend it on something that never worked right in the first place... Yay for you!

Frances Williams said...

yay!! unfortunately we still have ours...but i loved the days on madrid way when we only had cell phones(: