Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Empathy


"Man tries to steal laptop to check Facebook
19-year-old snatches computer from Starbucks patron who denied him use
The Associated Press

BRADENTON, Fla. - Sheriff's officers said a 19-year-old man snatched a Starbucks customer’s laptop after being told he could not use it to check his Facebook account. According to officers, the man then grabbed the customer's laptop and ran out of the coffee shop, located in an outlet mall.
Two people in the parking lot tackled the man and held him there until a mall security guard arrived.
The victim got his laptop back and the man was charged Saturday with robbery by sudden snatching, a felony."



Seriously...I can understand this guys desperation! That's sad, isn't it?


--Laurel

8 comments:

hbmommy said...

no, not really...I'm thinking of starting a 12-step program for my FB addiction.

Heidi said...

(read all of this out loud while rocking back and forth)

Must add more friends....

Must check to see if anyone has sent me a growing gift...

Must comment on status updates...

Must write on someone's wall...

Must... get... more.... friends....

Zach said...

Man and I thought I was utterly addicted to FB.

Rick said...

I'm getting better. I can usually go from bedtime one night to getting home from work the next day Of course, I am blocked from Facebook by the IT Nazis at school

World of Wright said...

Seriously! During these trying times we should offer to help your fellow man in need. How could someone deny use of his computer in a Starbucks?

leililan said...

FaceBook scares me.... now i know why. they're a bunch of laptop stealing crazies!!!

VikingMom said...

Leilani you must join Facebook. Resistance is futile.

SingingShrink said...

WOW! I wonder if he just got poked? Facebook's not really my thing. Judging by this poor soul, I think this is just more evidence as to why I should dedicate my time to more worthy things...like SportsCenter. :)