Friday, February 6, 2009

Under the weather

For the past week we've been battling a sweet little stomach virus that Travis lovingly shared with us. We quietly endured his week of fun and thought we were past it. Au Contraire mon frair! To date 5 out of 6 of us have been hit by the bug. Aaron is the last man standing...which makes sense because he is the most consistent germaphobe in our family. He fears germs like no other...and probably for good reason.

So, here to help make the the Baker's days go by faster and help make your day more amusing are the top moments from the past week:

--Envision me laughing at Billy as he dashed to the bathroom on Tuesday night. Envision me making lame jokes and being cruel. I know it's hard to do...but seriously I'm capable. Now envision Billy smirking and knowing that Karma takes care of everything in the end. She did...5 hours later. Who knew Karma and Billy were such good friends?

--Me dragging Travis to work on Monday where he consumed hot chocolate, one crumb donut and a cheesestick...then sending him over to Billy's office to hang out for a while, while I finished up some loose ends. Of course, it was conveniently in time for him to lose the same menu listed above in an 8'x4' streak in the mens bathroom--far away from my office. Did I mention that Karma paid me back the next day?

--Me wandering through a grocery store on Wednesday barely conscious enough to buy gatorade and crackers. The terrified look on the checker's faces as they took my money told me the makeup wasn't hiding the greenish shade of my skin. (My hands were clean and disinfected people...really.) I was the elected one to go to the store because Billy was semi-conscious at home. Man, I wish Austin was old enough to drive the car!

--I was feeling much better this morning and started cleaning up the mess that comes from having two parents down at the same time. Realizing the trash needed to go out and the fact that I was still in my jammies--I looked both ways and verified that the coast was clear to the dumpster. Apparently I didn't see my new neighbor coming out of his gate at the same time. The way he jumped in terror when he saw me at the dumpster will forever be seared onto my mind as another reason why I should make the guys do all the dirty work. Ugh.

That's all for now from the land of the sick...

Laurel

7 comments:

Rick said...

I take stuff to the dumpster in my cool USC jammies all the time. The neighbors are used to it. Sorry you are ill.

World of Wright said...

What a bummer!
Look on the bright side. Stomach flu is the easiest way to get a jump start on a diet.
I remeber getting jealous of people at Weight Watchers who managed to get the flu that week. It was a sure fire way to drop 10 pounds fast!

VikingMom said...

Oh yes...it's the easiest diet around. No effort needed on your behalf!

Kristi said...

oh my stars. i'm glad you guys are on the mend. that sounds like an awful week. :(

Mike Rosenthal said...

Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm glad you're getting better. Hang in there - love ya!

Heidi said...

DANG IT! I keep finding RGI comments! Sorry - it's just me... masquerading as my boss.

No offense, but Mike doesn't "love ya!"

I'm a little concerned about some other comments I may have left...

I'm off to do damage control.

Kris said...

get better soon!!!!

hmmmm blargusi, that even sounds sick!