Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Here we go again...


Today is officially the last day of summer vacation in our house. Austin is the first kid to head back to the daily grind tomorrow with his first day of highschool. Being the jock/brain that he is he has a zero period that starts at 7 and a heavy load of honor classes. I'm getting tired just thinking about the late nights that I know are coming and I'm not even the one who'll be doing all the studying!

Tamila and Aaron start back next Wednesday. Travis follows the Monday after. We will have all four kids in four different schools...all with different start and end times. ACK! I have a feeling I'll be wishing for the good ol' days of summer when all I did was shuttle two kids around town for summer classes instead of four.

So, in honor of this last day of summer I'm going to do nothing. Nothing spectacular at least. The last day of summer will go out with a whimper: grocery errands, haircuts and a trip to the dentist. Vacation is officially over and I'm already missing the lazy days that went with it.

--Laurel

3 comments:

Noelle said...

Tomorrow! poor kid, Justin doesn't go back until next Wed.

Heidi said...

four different schools - holy cow! good luck... : )

SingingShrink said...

seems you could have put a picture of a taxi on this one!