Friday, March 14, 2008

Still Alive

Hola to my friends and family.

Yes, I'm still alive.

I haven't posted much this week because posts about writing policy for church, folding Mt. Laundry and cleaning up after Travis aren't too thrilling to read. (Sorry...you're reading one right now I guess.)

My eldest won't let me post what I wanted to post about all week. (His lovely eye.) He's still moping around because the Dr. won't let him play till Monday due to excess fluid from the injury. If you want to know more, I'll tell you in person because I've been forbidden to blog about it. Or even take pictures of the lovely sight of it. Bummer.

Tamila got a 4 point again of which I'm very proud. She's loving the "in your face" feeling for the 4th grade teacher who told her she couldn't hack it in Jr. High G.A.T.E. Kudos to my "T". She rocks.

Aaron is exemplary once again. I had his conference on Monday and the teacher practically teared up talking about the honor it is to teach him. She mentioned that he's very self motivated. Self motivated? He should try that at home sometime it would be helpful especially in the mornings before school.

Travis spent Thursday afternoon drowning action figures in the sink. He complained when I made him bail some of the water out due to the fact that there wouldn't be enough water to drown Luke Skywalker anymore. He solved that problem by moving Luke up to the next "level" (his words.) He put the action figure on top of the faucet and made it take a suicide dive from that height. Should I be scared?

Billy has been working hard at church and doing freelance gigs for Trace. He does a great job in taking care of his crazy family. Good man.

And me...I keep plugging along going from appointment to appointment, kids to baseball, kids to church, me to work and home, cleaning the house multiple times a day and finding myself hoping that these days don't fly by too fast. They'll be gone too soon.

Ciao!
Laurel

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Ahhhh! She lives! Very happy to see you out and about in blogger land. I've missed your little comments and posts. VERY nice to know you're alive and well. :)

Noelle said...

I love that Travis! everytime you even mention on of his antics in a blog it cracks me up!

Jon in HB said...

Now I'm dying to know about the eye!

Anonymous said...

"He put the action figure on top of the faucet and made it take a suicide dive from that height. Should I be scared?"

I did the same thing when I was that age. So if you want him to end up like me, then he is on the right tracks.

-Mike