Wednesday, March 26, 2008

American Idol and My Kid Pee'd his Pants

So Laurel and I were watching the last few minutes of American Idol on Tuesday night. The kids have been in bed for about twenty minutes. They are all awake except for Travis who has been asleep for about an hour. All of sudden Travis starts crying inconsolably. Austin picks him up and tries to calm him down to no avail, so I walk down the hall and bring him back to the couch. I wrap him in a blanket and hold him on my lap, but he will not stop crying. I sit with him for about one minute and he relaxes his muscles and I think "he is about to go back to sleep."

No sooner than I have this thought, I feel a warm, flowing sensation spreading across my lower stomach, lap and legs. All I can shout is "He's peeing on me!"

This, of course brings the kids out from their bedrooms. I laugh as hard as I am capable of. Austin, Tamila and Travis can't stop laughing either. It lasts forever. How large of a bladder does a three year old have anyway?

Travis is now not crying, half awake and smiling as if he had planned the whole thing. Laurel did not think it was all that funny until she saw the second picture below. Enjoy, but please do not blackmail me with the following images.




















4 comments:

Blair Farley said...

Lyle Nutter would be proud.

Heidi said...

Billy, you're a brave man. A very, very brave man. I applaud you.

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing this story - especially the pictures. it made me so happy

Bob Ewing said...

Sure, Billy, blame Travis. Where's the evidence that he was sitting on your lap.