Sunday, September 13, 2009

The miles between Salt Lake and Kalispell...otherwise known as Idaho.


Tuesday found us on the road to Kalispell, Montana. As we breezed through Idaho, we saw field after field of beautiful golden wheat waiting to be harvested. (It took me back to my childhood--I was all nostalgic about it.) Travis would shout "Frank!" everytime he saw a combine. (from Cars.) Idaho is also where we saw this sweet gas station:


How many gas stations have you seen with giant metal palm trees in the front? I guess for me the answer is one. In Idaho. Because, obviously, (Duh!) that's where giant mutli-colored palm trees grow! We didn't get gas at this station...the one across the street was cheaper. I guess they were still having to cover the cost of their sweet palms. :)

Also, you may notice in the picture below... there was still something obviously wrong with our children:




It was Tuesday afternoon and they still hadn't broke out into sibling fights yet. This was par for the course (to this point.) They read, played games, sang or bugged us about waiting until sundown to watch movies--but were pretty much well behaved. Who were these kids? Certainly not ours! Maybe Utah did rub off on them after all?

--Laurel

6 comments:

Billy said...

I know you are always right, so I am wrong when I say that I am pretty sure those sweet palm trees are actually in Montana. . .

Anonymous said...

You look like you have the BEST behaved kids.

So what city or nearby town are those palm trees in?

TMWRYB

Heidi said...

Utah made your kids more docile?

Hmmm...

It did not yield the same effect on the Goble children.

Billy and Laurel said...

Heidi--they were only briefly exposed to Utah...less than 24 hours. (And for the most of it, either buckled into the car or sleeping at the hotel.) So, maybe that's what you needed to do. Do you think Jack would've gone for that? lol

--Laurel

Billy and Laurel said...

I finally tracked down the city via bank records...Deer Lodge, Montana. I stand corrected. Yes, Billy was right...but only this time!
-Laurel

Zach said...

I actually came across a similar gas station in Kansas, it was a Sinclair station as well. It was sweet, had a Quizno's and a Baskin-Robbins!