Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Karma

I angered the Karma gods today at Target. It was bad enough that I was there shopping on Christmas Eve, but I figured I was okay because I was shopping for some props for tonight's Christmas Eve service. However,I did the bad shopper thing and stashed an item on a shelf where it didn't belong because I was in a hurry and too lazy to take it back to its proper place.

Bad move.

As I left the parking lot I realized that they had charged me for 3 bedding sets instead of 2. An overcharge of $50! Yikes! I had been in such a hurry that I didn't notice that my bill was wayyyyy bigger than it should've been. Oops. Karma's payback was me having to haul my "too-busy-to-do-the-right-thing-self" immediately back to Target, finding a parking spot, standing in the return line and feeling remorse for not doing the right thing in the first place.

Why does God have such a great sense of humor?

--Laurel

3 comments:

Kris said...

OOOOOOh, bad Laurel.....there was a checker at Rite Aid this afternoon who was exasperated and putting stuff away in an aisle with little kids and a dad...the dad was slightly stunned and told the lady that they were going to buy the items.

Heidi said...

I do the bad shopper thing too. Now I know why I always have to stand in such long lines! I never linked the two before.

I guess I'll have to do the My Name is Earl thing now and go back to those stores and like fold shirts or something....

Kurt said...

People are paid to restock misplaced items and keep the store in order. When you misplace an item you are helping those employees. You are giving them job security. I do it all the time as a community service effort. This is also why I never return a grocery cart and I leave my trash under the theater seat.
he mistake had nothing to do with karma.
You are a good person