Friday, September 19, 2008

Baker Oddities


Both Billy and I've been down with Strep throat this week...it's been alot of fun. Being sequestered to my bed, I was forced to view my family from a distance and discovered some oddities about our family.

Here are some Baker originals:

--Our three youngest children will only eat applesauce with a straw. Yes, you heard me right...a straw. Travis will cry if you try to give him a spoon. We can all thank Tamila for that one.

--Aaron and Travis prefer their milk with crushed ice...they will not touch it otherwise. (And to think my mom was perturbed about that when I was younger! Ha! Who's winning now Mom? :)

--All four of our kids will sit through endless reruns of The Brady Bunch and Home Improvement. Funny thing is...Billy and I rarely watched Home Improvement when it was on. I have no idea how they got addicted to that one.

--We don't eat dinner on Sunday nights...we eat popcorn with cheese and apples. That's balanced, right?

--We live a mile from the beach, drive the coast several times a day, but only set foot on it once or twice a year.

--One of our kids is a nudist (I'll let you guess!)who loves to sing Motley Crue lyrics and the Brady Bunch theme as he runs around the house stark naked. (Yes, I am worried about his precious soul!) Another throws up immediately at the thought of a vegetable (no joke) and is a germ freak. Our second child is our canary in the mine: Broken bone? First to break it. Bug bites? first to get bitten. Stitches? Yep, she wins. Maybe she'll be a doctor someday. Our oldest is not quite as entertaining...but if you need someone to consult with about the current political situation in Ghana he's your man.

Those are just a few of our oddities...what are some of yours?

--Laurel

6 comments:

Kristi said...

I love ALL of the Baker oddities. And for as long as I can remember...my family has always eaten popcorn/cheese as dinner on Sunday nights. Adding fruit to it always makes u feel healthier! :o)

Heidi said...

Absolutely AWESOME post. The appleasauce thing was hilarious - and I've never heard of popcorn and cheese. So - is it cheese sprinkled on the popcorn - or a big piece of cheese and then a handful of popcorn?

VikingMom said...

The cheese? Either shredded & mixed in or sliced along with the apples to be served on top of the popcorn or on the side. If you really want to mix it up you toss the popcorn with Tapatio hot sauce. (With the apples and cheese on the side of course.)

discomommy said...

you are strange strange people over there.

World of Wright said...

Thank you for making me feel normal!
Jagger wants to be George Lopez for halloween and we watch Home Improvement a lot too! Maybe because it's like watching a home movie of us.
OH...and we had Golden Spoon for dinner :)

Rick said...

When I'm on my latest low-carb kick, my favorite meal is asparagus cooked with beef Little Smokies, bean sprouts and chopped onion flakes. That's about as weird as it gets in our house--of course our kids are gone now. Jolie has picked up grampa's habit of dipping her fries in Wendy's chili--so much so that Jeff has put Wendy's off limits.